It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Text Size
Login

Dublin this weekend

Introduce yourself in here, or just chat about anything that comes into your head.

Postby Stephanos » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi All

Down in Dublin this weekend for my Birthday. Aware that some of teh usual suspects are off Galavanting (Copenhagen, Belfast, Bushmills) but if anyone else is about and fancies meeting up for a beer or three let me know!

We're staying in Donaghmede but will probably come into city Friday evening and there all day Sat - doing tour of Pearse Lyons distillery and then a visit to open gate afterwards then bars, probably beer market, etc

Any new openings in last 6 months to be aware of? Anywhere decent to drink in Donaghmede/ Howth or Bray (going to sealife centre on fri...)

Cheers
Steve
Blogs@ http://beersiveknown.blogspot.com

Twitter @beersiveknown

Writing a guide to pairing cheese and beer

http://cheeseandbeer.co.uk

Member of British Guild of Beer Writers
Committee member CAMRA NI
Stephanos
Beoir Member

Postby nigel_c » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:34 am

McHughs off licence is only a few mins from donaghmede. As far as pubs go there’s not much. I live around there and the choices aren’t good. Hope brewery are right beside and would be worth a call.
nigel_c
Beoir Member

Postby brian_c » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:26 am

The Manhattan Bar (previously the Cock and Bull) in Raheny isn't too far away, and has a decent selection of beer. Near my gaff too, so give me a shout if you are stuck.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
--
What is so bad about being drunk? ASK A GLASS OF WATER
brian_c
Beoir Member

Postby andrew » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:14 am

I'll be back from the Cask Fest at 6:30pm and then transiting thru to Ranelagh for 8pm, so I have an hour I can kill. How about Underdog?
Andrew
in Dublin
andrew
Beoir Member

Postby brendy_éire » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:01 pm

Suppose Paddle & Peel could be worth calling into, if you're near it. It's your standard Galway Bay bar, but with pizzas.

Down this weekend myself for the rugby. I assume I know the answer to this already, but is the selection in Lansdowne during rugby the same as for football, i.e. Guinness and Carlsberg?
I'll be calling to Urban and the Gasworks, then Underdog after the match.
brendy_éire
Beoir Member

Return to General Chat