It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Text Size
Login

Stonewell seals the deal with Carlsberg

Introduce yourself in here, or just chat about anything that comes into your head.

Postby TheBeerNut » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:18 am

A big deal for Stonewell, signing up with Carlsberg to get their cider distributed throughout France. I'm sure Magners are already right in there so it's great to see independent Irish craft cider -- actual cider, not sugar water -- making a move to compete with them.
Beoir Chair

Fermenting: Cider
Running: Pale ale, IPA, Dry cider
Stock: Mead, Kit Barolo, Imperial stout, IPA, Quadrupel
TheBeerNut
Beoir Member

Postby oblivious » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:28 am

Hopefully buts a bit of pressure on there other in the industry to up there game
"If anybody says he can think about quantum physics without getting giddy, that only shows he has not understood the first thing about them." - Niels Bohr

Primary: Black IPA
Keg:Summit IPA, White IPA (US05), Cider, Citrus Saison,

Twitter.com/Oblivious_

*Now with Blog* oblivioustobeer.blogspot.com
oblivious
Beoir Member

Postby Ciderhead » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:19 pm

NW France in particular has an educated cider palate and no real surprise that Daniel has done a deal there and will do well across the whole of France.
At home we have plenty of availability but I still see slow consumer take up which is a shame considering the calibre of product produced.
B' ers did and still do an amazing marketing job in convincing us that their product is natural and "artisan" (I fecking hate that word) even if only a very small part of it is from Irish Apples.
I do see me a slow drip across, just not the flood we have seen into micro craft beer.
Maybe that's something Beoir and Cider Ireland need to have a strategy for in the future?
Ciderhead
Beoir Member

Postby TheBeerNut » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Ciderhead wrote:Maybe that's something Beoir and Cider Ireland need to have a strategy for in the future?
Cider Ireland had a great idea that cider should be included under a wine licence, since it is essentially wine, and Irish wine at that. Cider has the misfortune of getting hit with all the licensing downsides of beer without any of the tax benefits.
Beoir Chair

Fermenting: Cider
Running: Pale ale, IPA, Dry cider
Stock: Mead, Kit Barolo, Imperial stout, IPA, Quadrupel
TheBeerNut
Beoir Member

Return to General Chat