It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:27 pm

Text Size
Login

Growler fills

Introduce yourself in here, or just chat about anything that comes into your head.

Postby bertnurney » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:05 pm

Anyone know if the various growler fille places allow you to use a competitors bottle? I have a few from Baggot St wines, which has 1l and 2l growlers, with the service provided by Craftbeer Growlers.
A friend tried to fill his 2l bottle in a Galway Bay place but they said it was the wrong size for them. (Their was 64oz I believe, which works out very slightly less than 2l)

Seems like bad form to me.
I'm hoping to fill mine at Sweetmans.
bertnurney
Beoir Member

Postby TheBeerNut » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:22 pm

bertnurney wrote:Seems like bad form to me.
I think it's pretty understandable: if you sell growlers you want people to buy them, not bring their own, especially if they're a different size. Some places with fancy kit have said they can't use other growlers because they can't be sure of the pressure spec.

Where it's the same model of growler there isn't usually a problem. I've used my 64oz JW Sweetman screwtop growler in Against the Grain, for instance.
Beoir Chair

Fermenting: Cider
Running: Pale ale, IPA, Dry cider
Stock: Mead, Kit Barolo, Imperial stout, IPA, Quadrupel
TheBeerNut
Beoir Member

Postby bertnurney » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:24 pm

Yeah, I'll try anyway.
I don't want to be stuck using the Craftbeer growler company as they are usually €10 per litre, not exactly cheap.
bertnurney
Beoir Member

Return to General Chat