It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 8:21 pm

Text Size
Login

Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself in here, or just chat about anything that comes into your head.

Postby balon » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:33 pm

Cheers
balon
Beoir Member

Postby Scoopsy » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:57 am

Hi,

I'm Niall, with Scoopsy. I've just posted a separate topic introducing our concept, a drink delivery app in Dublin catering to the craft market.

Hope to meet some of the good peeps around here.

Niall
Scoopsy

Postby Philipwicklowhops » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:57 am

Hi,

My Name is Philip, I was the head quality/brewer for a major craft brewery in north America but in the middle of moving back to Ireland (I will be back and fourth in the next few weeks). I am at the moment in the process of setting up a craft brewery based laboratory in collaboration with the Wicklow Hops Company who are growing hops in Newcastle Co.Wicklow. The purpose of the lab will be for testing hops, beer and growing liquid yeast for breweries.
The lab will be mostly geared towards craft breweries but homebrewers will be welcomed to have there beer analysed or come and pick up some hops/yeast at the end of the season.

Philip
Philipwicklowhops
Beoir Member

Postby Saruman » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:57 am

Interesting idea. A first for Ireland I'd say, I know of no one else doing this sort of thing and the big boys have their own labs.

Good luck with it.
Reuben Gray - Beoir Chairman

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer & brewing.
Twitter - @taleofale
Facebook
Breweryjobs.ie - Submit or look for a job in the brewing industry.
Saruman
Beoir Member

Postby Will_D » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:30 am

Philipwicklowhops wrote:Hi,
The lab will be mostly geared towards craft breweries but homebrewers will be welcomed to have there beer analysed or come and pick up some hops/yeast at the end of the season.
Philip

What us homebrewers need is a lab that can do a simple water profile analysis for a fair price. We have in the past bulked up an order and had the tests done in the UK

Will Davis
Drinking:........HBC AG Kit American APA
Pri Fermenting:..AG Paulaner
Sec Fermenting:..LaTrappe Dubbel, AG Pilsner, Aventius AG Clone
Kegged: .........Cider
To Brew:.........HoorsLite, Hefe Dunkel, Dark Pilsner
Will_D
Beoir Member

Postby johnrm » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Sounds interesting Philip.
Best of luck and Welcome!
johnrm
Beoir Member

Postby Philipwicklowhops » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:39 am

Will_D wrote:
Philipwicklowhops wrote:Hi,
Philip

What us homebrewers need is a lab that can do a simple water profile analysis for a fair price. We have in the past bulked up an order and had the tests done in the UK

Will Davis

That should be no problem, what were they giving you in the water sample? Just minerals or microbiology as well? If you would like to drop me a line I can work with you to test for exactly what you need. We will be very fair in pricing.
Philipwicklowhops
Beoir Member

Previous

Return to General Chat