It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:58 pm

Text Size
Login

Populating the Beoir Directory

Introduce yourself in here, or just chat about anything that comes into your head.

Postby oblivious » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:50 am

The Hole in the Wall Blackhorse Avenue has Rascal's Ginger porter and Big hop red on Draft.

J J Sherrys Bar & Restaurant Clarinbridge, Co Galway Draft: Galway Hooker Bottle: Mac's cider

Paddy Burkes Oyster Inn Clarinbridge, Co Galway Bottle Galway Hooker and Stonewell Cider
"If anybody says he can think about quantum physics without getting giddy, that only shows he has not understood the first thing about them." - Niels Bohr

Primary: Black IPA
Keg:Summit IPA, White IPA (US05), Cider, Citrus Saison,

Twitter.com/Oblivious_

*Now with Blog* oblivioustobeer.blogspot.com
oblivious
Beoir Member

Postby oblivious » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:54 am

The 12th lock Blanchardstown Draft: Carlow's Amber advanture and pale ale

The Roselwan inn Blanchardstown Draft: Carlow's Stout, Red and pale ale

Castleknock Hotel & Country Club Draft 8 Degress Howling gale
"If anybody says he can think about quantum physics without getting giddy, that only shows he has not understood the first thing about them." - Niels Bohr

Primary: Black IPA
Keg:Summit IPA, White IPA (US05), Cider, Citrus Saison,

Twitter.com/Oblivious_

*Now with Blog* oblivioustobeer.blogspot.com
oblivious
Beoir Member

Postby Liam » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:31 pm

Liam wrote:
TheBeerNut wrote:
Liam wrote:can someone else sound it's death knell?
Just a suspension for now. Hopefully they'll get some independent beers in at some point.

That Gastro Bar in Carlow is still showing in the app but not on site list. Although new-to-craft-beer bars I've added have appeared on the app so it is updating....

Would deleting it completely solve it? It has changed hands and name so I can add it again as new if it starts stocking craft beers.

Will be doing more recon over the weekend but would like to have the app up to date for all those craft beer visitors that come to the town. :)

This has closed again - under another name too.

I think it would be best to delete it unless for some reason ye can't. Also, as mentioned it seems to show up on the app and not the website so maybe it's an app issue and it has been deleted permanently...
Liam
Beoir Member

Postby baconsarnie » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:03 pm

oblivious wrote:The Hole in the Wall Blackhorse Avenue has Rascal's Ginger porter and Big hop red on Draft.

Haven't been in a while- always happy to get over for a Sunday lunch with Mrs Sarnie & nipper & get a few ales in. Usually have about 5 or 6 taps- still the case?
Primary: NZ IPA, West Coast IPA
Secondary:
Conditioning: Spring 2019 Lambics
Keezer & drinking: SNPA clone, Summer Saison, Belgian Blonde and Mosaic Pale ale
baconsarnie
Beoir Member

Postby BarneyGumble » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:58 pm

Uluru bar and Restaurant is finally on board, was only passing through but they definitely had Metalman Pale Ale, O'Hara's Red and I think Eight degrees Bohemian Pilsner. I'll report back when I see what else they have in the fridge because I saw posters advertising the other O'Hara's range.
BarneyGumble
Beoir Member

Postby Liam » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Liam wrote:
Liam wrote:
That Gastro Bar in Carlow is still showing in the app but not on site list. Although new-to-craft-beer bars I've added have appeared on the app so it is updating....

Would deleting it completely solve it? It has changed hands and name so I can add it again as new if it starts stocking craft beers.

Will be doing more recon over the weekend but would like to have the app up to date for all those craft beer visitors that come to the town. :)

This has closed again - under another name too.

I think it would be best to delete it unless for some reason ye can't. Also, as mentioned it seems to show up on the app and not the website so maybe it's an app issue and it has been deleted permanently...

Bump.

Also, can someone explain the grey icons on the app? I know I saw a post about it somewhere.

Also, have some categories such as travel disappeared from the community?
Liam
Beoir Member

Postby andrew » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:36 pm

Liam wrote:
Also, can someone explain the grey icons on the app? I know I saw a post about it somewhere.

These are venues that are marked as serving craft in bottles only and they haven't been verified in 6 months
Andrew
in Dublin
andrew
Beoir Member

Postby Liam » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:19 pm

andrew wrote:
Liam wrote:

These are venues that are marked as serving craft in bottles only and they haven't been verified in 6 months

Thanks Andrew. How do you verify somewhere?
Liam
Beoir Member

Postby andrew » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:06 pm

Right now, just edit the venue in the Directory. If they have taps make sure you indicate this under Amenities. The next release of the app will have the ability to verify built in.
Andrew
in Dublin
andrew
Beoir Member

Postby Liam » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:01 pm

Great. Will do that.

BTW, the app lead me to the Blackrock Cellar a couple of weeks ago when I needed to kill half an hour after meeting a client! It's a great asset when you're in a strange land...
Liam
Beoir Member

Postby Lenny Zero » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:15 am

Tolka Park Bar now doesn't have O'Haras, I couldn't remove it myself from the directory so someone else might.
Lenny Zero
Beoir Member

Postby TheBeerNut » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:08 am

I've suspended it now. Cheers!
Beoir Chair

Fermenting: Cider
Running: Pale ale, IPA, Dry cider
Stock: Mead, Kit Barolo, Imperial stout, IPA, Quadrupel
TheBeerNut
Beoir Member

Postby irish_goat » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:09 pm

Added: Boyle's of Slane with O'Hara's IPA on draught.
irish_goat
Beoir Member

Postby Seanardee » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Flowing Tide on Lr Abbey St now has O'Hara bottles and mystery "craft beer" on tap.
Seanardee
Beoir Member

Postby TheBeerNut » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:02 pm

Seanardee wrote:mystery "craft beer"
Down with that sort of thing. Part of the deal with the c-word is you get to know who made it and where.
Beoir Chair

Fermenting: Cider
Running: Pale ale, IPA, Dry cider
Stock: Mead, Kit Barolo, Imperial stout, IPA, Quadrupel
TheBeerNut
Beoir Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat