Gin

Got a recipe for a nice black cherry burgundy? Got an opinion on a yeast that you just have to share? This is the place for you.
Colmd
Beoir Member

Gin

Post by Colmd » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:53 am

I've been wondering about making Gin, and the process involved.

Firstly I assume if I buy vodka retail in Ireland I can make gin legally, as long as I obvioulsy don't supply it to others....

Is it just a matter of steeping aromatics in some alcohol for some time?

Made Sloe gin before, turned out fine.

oblivious
Beoir Member

Re: Gin

Post by oblivious » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:46 am

I believe that true give is re distilled after it have been infused with you aromatic of choice.

"Firstly I assume if I buy vodka retail in Ireland I can make gin legally, as long as I obvioulsy don't supply it to others....

Is it just a matter of steeping aromatics in some alcohol for some time?"

Nothing wrong with it and could make an interesting tipple, I presume just give it some time and check regularly ;)
"If anybody says he can think about quantum physics without getting giddy, that only shows he has not understood the first thing about them." - Niels Bohr

Primary: Black IPA
Keg:Summit IPA, White IPA (US05), Cider, Citrus Saison,

Twitter.com/Oblivious_

*Now with Blog* oblivioustobeer.blogspot.com

Dunkel
Beoir Member

Post by Dunkel » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Just seen this. Yes, the method you suggest will work - it's known as cold-compounded gin. Cork CDC is made by this method, I believe.

oblivious
Beoir Member

Post by oblivious » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Dunkel wrote:Just seen this. Yes, the method you suggest will work - it's known as cold-compounded gin. Cork CDC is made by this method, I believe.

The elderflower will be out in a few week, That would be great to make an infusion with
"If anybody says he can think about quantum physics without getting giddy, that only shows he has not understood the first thing about them." - Niels Bohr

Primary: Black IPA
Keg:Summit IPA, White IPA (US05), Cider, Citrus Saison,

Twitter.com/Oblivious_

*Now with Blog* oblivioustobeer.blogspot.com