It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:39 am

Text Size
Login

Brewferm Tripel Kit

Discuss problems, tweaks, or anything else related to your beer kit based brews.

Postby McGrath » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:33 am

Bier wrote:Just saw the full malt/all grain kits there on the homebrewwest website. Ideal for someone who wants to brew at the weekend but doesn't have time to plan a recipe and figure out how much ingredients they need to order.

Has anyone else bought/used any of the all grain kits? How did it turn out? Are the quality of the ingredients good and how do they rate compared to the brupaks kits that the homebrewcompany sell?

I did the Brupak tripel mashkit last week. its in the secondary fermenter now. Came with a bag of hops but no instructions on when to add to the boil. I prefer bitter beer so I added 3/4 at 60mins and 1/4 near the end.
I did thehomebrewcompany's dunkelweizen mashkit 2 days ago. the instructions with this kit are better then the Brupaks and appears to have come with a better quality yeast. Hops seemed fresher too, but I'm no expert..they could be just a stronger hop as you dont get to know what you are getting...

Both kits instructions assume you are using a mashtun. I did one brew in the bag, so had to adjust the water quantities to suit my setup.
I did the dunkel in a 24lt coolbox mashtun. It was a bit small for the amount of grain, so I just used whatever water I could fit in for the mash.

The homebrewwest Brewferm kits look good, I hope to try the weizen kit sometime..
McGrath
Beoir Member

Postby Bier » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:55 pm

@McGrath good stuff - let us know how it turns out.

I'm thinking of giving the brewferm triple a go - more out of curiosity than anything else. I could alternatively put together all of the ingredients myself - but i guess I'm just curious about these kits. Well - only one way to find out....
Bier

Postby McGrath » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Bier wrote:@McGrath good stuff - let us know how it turns out.

I'm thinking of giving the brewferm triple a go - more out of curiosity than anything else. I could alternatively put together all of the ingredients myself - but i guess I'm just curious about these kits. Well - only one way to find out....

I will, it'll be a slow burner tho, OG was 1.074. I've been advised to give it about 6 months to mature. So I've done a dunkelweizen, a pils and just finished a linthwaite light to keep me amused in the meantime :D
McGrath
Beoir Member

Postby DCBrewing » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:51 pm

McGrath wrote:
Bier wrote:
I did the Brupak tripel mashkit last week. its in the secondary fermenter now. Came with a bag of hops but no instructions on when to add to the boil. I prefer bitter beer so I added 3/4 at 60mins and 1/4 near the end.
I did thehomebrewcompany's dunkelweizen mashkit 2 days ago. the instructions with this kit are better then the Brupaks and appears to have come with a better quality yeast. Hops seemed fresher too, but I'm no expert..they could be just a stronger hop as you dont get to know what you are getting...

how did it turn out after?
Doing the exact same mashkit now, instruction are crap alright, no idea when to add the hops!
Im thinking of adding the candi sugar during primary, again no instructions on when to use them
DCBrewing
Beoir Member

Previous

Return to Kit Brewing