It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:13 pm

Text Size
Login

Bantry

We all want to know where we can get quality craft beers in Ireland and abroad, whether in bars, restaurants or off-licenses. Share your experiences here.

Postby CDow » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:27 pm

Heading to Bantry in West Cork for St.Patricks weekend. Any craft beer available in the pubs? Have seen Ma Murphys on here, anywhere else?

Thanks
CDow
Beoir Member

Postby MountainMaid » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:21 pm

You can find a selection of craft beers on draught in Ma Murphy's pub, the Brick Oven for really good pizza and beer, the Mariner for craft draught and live music & for craft in bottles there's upstairs in the Fish Kitchen which also serves fantastic food.
MountainMaid
Beoir Member

Postby CDow » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:33 pm

Thank you.

I'll provide a full debriefing on my return.
CDow
Beoir Member

Postby andrew » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:56 am

Yeah, Bantry was a little light last visit. Upstairs at the Brick Oven was the best. I heard the tap selection at Ma Murphys had gone down though.
Andrew
in Dublin
andrew
Beoir Member

Postby CDow » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:11 am

Arrived Thursday evening about 7pm, went to the bar in the hotel, Westlodge, for a pint while the boss unpacked. Hotel bars are not my thing but this one was especially devoid of atmosphere with loud TVs and a multiple of 100w bulbs all turned on.

The tap line up was the usual suspects. I asked the barman if he had anything local, he said yes and offered me a Cute Hoor, I settled on a Murphy. I then saw bottles of Torc and Clonakilty. The barman said he didn't know what they were. My one and only drink here.

Ma Murphys had Eight Degrees, Mountain Man and Rising Sons on tap plus an all Cork bottle lineup.

The Bantry Bay Hotel had 2 x McGaragles on tap. The Brick Oven / Mariner had a bottle selection but I didn't have a beer there.

Apart from this the town is macro central.
CDow
Beoir Member

Postby andrew » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:37 am

CDow wrote:Apart from this the town is macro central.

Yeah, it drives Jacqueline (@LiquidCuriosity) up the wall- as a local she has been pushing to get more craft into Bantry.
Andrew
in Dublin
andrew
Beoir Member

Return to Bar Talk