It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:18 pm

Text Size
Login

Good Friday

Introduce yourself in here, or just chat about anything that comes into your head.

Postby DCBrewing » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:21 am

What can be done in 1 day that cant be done in a few mornings?! I dont think thats a valid pro argument at all (although i dont think you were trying to use it as one :?: )
DCBrewing
Beoir Member

Postby kenmc » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:50 am

well if pubs need to get stuff done, fine, stay closed, but remove the ban on sales in shops and restaurants.

another way of looking at it: remove the ban entirely, and see which pubs choose to remain closed....
Planning:: Bad Friday IPA
Primary:: :(
Drinking:: Remains of xmas brew

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk.Alcoholics go to meetings
kenmc
Beoir Member

Postby mightymikeD » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:53 am

DCBrewing wrote:What can be done in 1 day that cant be done in a few mornings?! I dont think thats a valid pro argument at all (although i dont think you were trying to use it as one :?: )

I think it's valid.. and I'm thinking specifically of varnishing our 15ft wooden bar.. it took about ten straight hours to get the coats on and dry. But, I think that's kind of specific to the family-run pubs and pretty outdated. And yes, the prohibition of restaurants/off-sales is just plain daft.
Fermenting: 'Happy Town' Red Ale
Conditioning:'I Will Dare' IPA, 'Left Of The Dial' Oatmeal Stout , 'Treatment Bound' Honey Ale
Drinking:'Repeater' Oatmeal Stout
mightymikeD
Beoir Member

Postby Qs » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:12 pm

I met 3 unfortunate French tourists on Friday wondering what they could do with their day.

Crazy archaic laws are not good for tourism.
Qs

Postby TheBeerNut » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:33 am

The Department of Justice confirming today that they'll be fixing up Billy Lawless's private members bill to remove all Good Friday restrictions in time for next year. Story in the Irish Times here.
Fermenting: Cider
Running: Pale ale, IPA, Dry cider
Stock: Mead, Kit Barolo, Imperial stout, IPA, Quadrupel
TheBeerNut
Beoir Member

Previous

Return to General Chat