It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Text Size
Login

"Recent" Irish brewery openings - list

Want some information on a favourite craft beer or want to share your own thoughts with the community? This is the place to do it.

Postby TheBeerNut » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:26 pm

Revenue are back from their holidays and have finally published a new list, so I've added Loudons. I've also added Finn Valley, because I'm thorough like that :oops:
Fermenting: Cider
Running: Pale ale, IPA, Dry cider
Stock: Mead, Kit Barolo, Imperial stout, IPA, Quadrupel
TheBeerNut
Beoir Member

Postby Tube » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:10 pm

rebelred wrote:
Tube wrote:This popped up on FB this evening

https://www.facebook.com/dickmacksbrewhouse/

Although the post about Minch's Hook Head Series malt coming from the Hook Peninsula doesn't inspire confidence.

Strange that you would pass such a remark without tasting their beer . I have and it is very good . Fantastic brewer ex Killarney brewing co

It wasn't a comment on their beer, just that FB post. Though hands up I didn't realise that the Hook Head series malt actually comes from Hook Head till today.
Tube

Postby andrew » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:55 am

rebelred wrote:
Tube wrote:This popped up on FB this evening

https://www.facebook.com/dickmacksbrewhouse/

Although the post about Minch's Hook Head Series malt coming from the Hook Peninsula doesn't inspire confidence.

Strange that you would pass such a remark without tasting their beer . I have and it is very good . Fantastic brewer ex Killarney brewing co

Dropped in last Tuesday. Right now they are just waiting for their bond from Revenue before they can start selling. The three guys are Finn (5th generation owner of Dick Macks pub), Ozzie (who previously brewed with West Kerry) and Graeme (whose "brewed" with Dingle and more recently, Killarney Brewing). I did sample the two beers; an Amber which was really nice, and an IPA which needs a little tweaking but still good (the brewers said they are still playing around with their dry hopping). Nice, shiny BrauKon kit. And yes, they use Hook Head as their base malt, but the rest is all Weyermann's- all sourced from White Gypsy.
Andrew
in Dublin
andrew
Beoir Member

Postby Saruman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:00 am

Thanks Andrew, lots of great info there.
Reuben Gray - Beoir Chairman

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer & brewing.
Twitter - @taleofale
Facebook
Breweryjobs.ie - Submit or look for a job in the brewing industry.
Saruman
Beoir Member

Previous

Return to Craft Beer Talk