It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:00 am
   
Text Size
Login

Sullivan's Brewing Company

Want some information on a favourite craft beer or want to share your own thoughts with the community? This is the place to do it.

Postby irish_goat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:15 pm

Anyone know the craic here? They're distributed by Tennents and popping up all over the shop up here in the north but we have them listed as Irish craft.

The 2nd article here suggests they are a Tennents product however. http://www.sullivansbrewingcompany.com/press/news/
User avatar
irish_goat
Beoir Member
 
Posts: 1476
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:08 pm
Location: Derry

Postby andrew » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:21 pm

I heard that C&C have 1 million plus invested in them. Same deal as Whitewater I was told.
Andrew
in Dublin
User avatar
andrew
Beoir Member
 
Posts: 3274
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:31 pm

Postby irish_goat » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Maybe depends on percentages of ownership then?
User avatar
irish_goat
Beoir Member
 
Posts: 1476
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:08 pm
Location: Derry

Postby TheBeerNut » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:33 am

I don't see anything in their company information that suggests a change in ownership of that nature.
Beoir Chair

Fermenting: Cider
Running: Pale ale, IPA, Dry cider
Stock: Mead, Kit Barolo, Imperial stout, IPA, Quadrupel
User avatar
TheBeerNut
Beoir Member
 
Posts: 11230
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Dublin

Postby rebelred » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:28 pm

They are not owned by C and C . They are distributed by them due to the quality of the beer and the history behind the brand . Many big players distribute beers that they wouldn’t have in their portfolio . Ian is one of the few master brewers in Ireland which makes the brand a safe bet when it comes to having a consistent liquid , in Main Street bars this is crucial
I have no affiliation with the Brewery other than I know the guys
rebelred
Beoir Member
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Postby andrew » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:21 pm

rebelred wrote:They are not owned by C and C . They are distributed by them due to the quality of the beer and the history behind the brand . Many big players distribute beers that they wouldn’t have in their portfolio.

Sounds like the same deal as Whitewater then.
Andrew
in Dublin
User avatar
andrew
Beoir Member
 
Posts: 3274
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:31 pm

Postby TheBeerNut » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:28 pm

No, Whitewater is 25% owned by C&C.
Beoir Chair

Fermenting: Cider
Running: Pale ale, IPA, Dry cider
Stock: Mead, Kit Barolo, Imperial stout, IPA, Quadrupel
User avatar
TheBeerNut
Beoir Member
 
Posts: 11230
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Dublin

Postby rebelred » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:50 pm

andrew wrote:
rebelred wrote:They are not owned by C and C . They are distributed by them due to the quality of the beer and the history behind the brand . Many big players distribute beers that they wouldn’t have in their portfolio.

Sounds like the same deal as Whitewater then.

Definitely not the same as Whitewater Sullivan’s is 100% owned by the original investors who are based both in Ireland and US . None have any financial involvement in another brewery big or small
rebelred
Beoir Member
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:45 pm

Postby oblivious » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:10 pm

rebelred wrote:
andrew wrote:
rebelred wrote:They are not owned by C and C . They are distributed by them due to the quality of the beer and the history behind the brand . Many big players distribute beers that they wouldn’t have in their portfolio.

Sounds like the same deal as Whitewater then.

Definitely not the same as Whitewater Sullivan’s is 100% owned by the original investors who are based both in Ireland and US . None have any financial involvement in another brewery big or small



But where is it been contracted brewing now, or is it still at boyne?
"If anybody says he can think about quantum physics without getting giddy, that only shows he has not understood the first thing about them." - Niels Bohr

Primary: Black IPA
Keg:Summit IPA, White IPA (US05), Cider, Citrus Saison,

Twitter.com/Oblivious_

*Now with Blog* oblivioustobeer.blogspot.com
User avatar
oblivious
Beoir Member
 
Posts: 5152
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:08 am
Location: The wild west, Dublin

Postby TheBeerNut » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:32 pm

Still at Boyne Brewhouse, AFAIK.
Beoir Chair

Fermenting: Cider
Running: Pale ale, IPA, Dry cider
Stock: Mead, Kit Barolo, Imperial stout, IPA, Quadrupel
User avatar
TheBeerNut
Beoir Member
 
Posts: 11230
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Dublin


Return to Craft Beer Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 135 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:51 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Login Form